How can you prevent your news release from being deleted, shredded, or simply lost in the pile?
Tens of thousands of news releases arrive at news organisations every year.
This basic course gives you an insight into how global news organisations work and how to cheat the systems in place.
In a simple 10 step overview you will learn how to make a news release work for you and your company.
You will learn:
* Whether a news release is actually necessary.
* How to identify the angle.
* What - and what NOT - to include.
* The art of brevity.
* Who to send it to – know your market.
* Timing is everything – when to send it.
* How to capture interest.
* Techniques for writing effective news releases.
* Structure, layout and content.
* Best practice – will your news release work?